Manor Farm Holiday Cottages
Buckton by Bempton, East Yorkshire
The Roost is our show case accommodation for larger groups. Celebrations for special occasions, a family get-together, friends reunions, tours and retreat groups are just some of the guests we welcome.
You can hire a combination of 2 rooms, 3 rooms or 4 rooms - your choice to suit you and to complement current Government COVID-19 guidelines.
The Roost Availability:
‘A beautiful place for a special family get together.’
‘The Roost is lovely – everything we needed and more. Plenty of space. FANTASTIC w/end away. We were all very impressed. We’ll be back!’
‘Fabulous cottage. Large enough for our family & lovely to have our own bathroom suites. Clean & fresh! Would love to come back – we loved the cakes!’
‘A beautiful property, very comfy for a winter break. Plenty to do even in bad weather. Very welcoming.’
‘You really have thought of everything. A home from home. Lovely extras with the children's toys and cakes!’
A unique space for families, friends and groups The Roost sleeps 8 adults in four ensuite bedrooms. Once a granary and a set of stables dating back to 1810, it retains original exposed wooden beans and solid wood furniture together with high quality fixtures and fittings. There is a private patio with garden furniture and the kitchen is fully equiped with a range master range cooker, large fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine.
Whilst the large shared lounge and the dining area has TV and DVD there are also flatscreen TVs in each bedroom. There is a king bedroom, a double bedroom, one twin and one super-king which can be converted into a twin if preferred.
The king bedroom is downstairs and has a shower over a bath in the ensuite. It may be suitable for guests with limited mobility. Children are welcome and we can provide a put-up bed and / or a cot for children in your chosen room as well as highchairs and booster seats.
Each of our three cottages are designed to give you a home away from home. Below is a guide to the facilities common to all the cottages to help you plan your next stay. Please do contact us if you have any questions or requests and we'll be pleased to help.
- WiFi is free and unlimited in all our cottages.
- Linen and towels are provided in all bedrooms which all also have their own ensuite. We also provide an iron, ironing board and hair dryer with heat mat.
- Kitchens are fully stocked and include oven & hob, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and fridge with freezer compartment(s).
- TVs with freeview channels and DVD player are in each cottage lounge along with Bluetooth soundbars. In The Roost each bedroom has its own TV with a Smart TV in the lounge. Puffin has a TV in the bedroom and Guillemot a TV in the twin room.
- Children are welcome. We can provide a cot or put up bed for little ones as well as high chairs, a booster seat and toys.
- People with disabilities may find some of our cottage rooms more or less accessible. Our Access Statement gives detailed information and we are always happy to talk to you about your needs. We also have a folding shower stool for guests - please ask us when booking.
- Groups are welcome. Bird watching tours, dance troupes, Rally's and Yoga retreats are just some of those who have booked. Please call us to chat about your group booking.
- A dog is welcome in each of Puffin or Guillemot cottage.
- BBQ space is provided as a brick BBQ for Guillemot in their outdoor space. A gas BBQ can be hired for £10 per day including gas and cleaning. Each cottage has its own outdoor dining area with picnic bench.
- Outside you can enjoy your own outdoor dining. The Roost has its own outdoor Gazebo and seating area and each of Puffin and Guillemot have their own summer houses and garden areas. Please also enjoy a walk through our meadow and play ball in the field.
- Off street car parking is provided for each cottage.
- Bike storage is available in our locked stables. Please do ask.
- Buckton & Bempton villages are situated by the magnificent Bempton Cliffs. On our doorstep is the RSPB, a post office, shop, pub, cafe (excluding winter), art gallery, active church & village hall and local playground